Monday 29 April 2013

On KDP SELECT and book covers...

It's been an astonishing, exciting week...

I've been glued to my computer checking downloads watching hundreds of downloads turn to thousands, as Wildflowers shoots up the Kindle top 100 free ebooks.

I realise it's  the top 100 free ebooks, not paid.  That it didn't make me any money.  But that's not the point, because now I feel I haven't been wasting time, self-indulgently writing things that no-one else will ever read, which is great.  Though now, the challenge moves on, to see if my book will sell...

And how much is to do with the book's cover, because I know when I'm scrolling down pages and pages on Amazon, either the title or the image has to leap off the screen at you in it's split-second of opportunity...
A friend who read Wildflowers suggested that the combination of the old cover with the title made it sound more like a text book than a novel. And she's right - in fact, it was so obvious, why didn't I notice that??

What it means is Wildflowers now has a fab new cover to wear, just as it reaches the free ebook top 10...  Thank you Georgie x






 

No comments:

Post a Comment